The Night Before Christmas in Crochet : The Complete Poem with Easy-to-Make Amigurumi Characters
Author(s): Clement C. Moore, Mitsuki Hoshi
For the first time, Clement C. Moore’s classic Christmas poem is told through adorable amigurumi-style crocheted figures
Amigurumi (which means knitted stuffed toy) is the Japanese art of crocheting stuffed animals. The technique results in animals with large heads and small bodies, upholding the super cute aesthetic of amigurumi animals.
Jam-packed with four-color photographs of seriously cute figures based on the classic Christmas poem, The Night Before Christmas, as well as patterns and step-by-step instructions on how to make them, this book will inspire you to pick up the needle and thread like no other craft project.
The book teaches crocheters:
- Basic crocheting techniques (perfect for beginners!)
- Spiral techniques to ensure stuffing will not come out
- Versatile uses (using thick yarn, each dog is about 3 inches long, suitable for an iPod case; using slender threads, each dog will be 1 inch long, suitable for a cell phone case)
- How to make cute amigurumi crochet ornaments
- Patterns and detailed directions for how to make a variety of characters from Clement C. Moore’s poem, including:
A Christmas tree
Two children--a boy and a girl